Warframe (PC) gets Archwing update; Brings ninjas into space
Warframe hasn't been abandoned by Digital Extremes, the truth is -- it's far from abandoned. Digital Extremes is setting a great example for upkeep on free-to-play games.
Warframe is getting a new an entirely new world on the PC in an update called Archwing. This update will allow players to fly in space - no ship needed, new weapons, new quests, a new reputation system, a new Warframe and so much more.
Here's a more concise look at what the update is bringing:
- ARCHWING: Take Warframe’s high-energy, skilled ninja combat into the depths of space in the new game mode that puts the ‘space’ into space ninjas! Archwing technology allowing for space combat sans spacecraft, contains unique new weapons and abilities to unleash against the enemy.
- NEW QUESTS: Two new quests expand the Warframe universe. Unlock the new Archwing technology along with the new Warframe in a set of interlinked missions.
- NEW REPUTATION SYSTEM: Represent one of six Syndicates to unique rewards as your reputation increases! Wear your Syndicate’s Sigil with pride in missions to earn reputation and proclaim your loyalty.
- NEW WARFRAME: Bring honor to the Solar System with a magician-like Warframe whose hat wields exceptional powers including displacing enemies into other dimensions and more.
- NEW WEAPONS: Devastate opponents with the OPTICOR, a powerful new laser cannon. Bludgeon enemies with the HALIKAR, a jet-powered throwing mace that always returns to its master.
- NEW TILESET: Explore the Corpus Ice Planet!
- NEW CUSTOMIZATIONS: Adorn your Warframe with intricate body art with all-new Sigils. Customize your Archwing with Mods and colors. Give your Soma a new look with the Huntsman Soma Weapon Skin!
- NEW ENEMIES: New types of enemies equipped to fly in space present new challenges in Archwing combat. The Grineer have also emerged with a new enemy to tame your pet Kubrow.