Valentine’s Day Massacre Special content now available in GTA Online
GTA Online's "holiday"-themed Valentine’s Day Massacre Special is now available for download, Rockstar Games announced. Seemingly inspired by the 1920s -- perhaps even the St. Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929 -- the new DLC offers a variety of Valentine's themed extras for GTA 5's Story Mode and GTA Online.
Nothing says "I love you" like the Gusenberg Sweeper machine gun or the Albany Roosevelt armored limo. The Valentine’s Day Massacre Special isn't just about violence though, as it offers a number of other 1920s inspired items like flapper dresses, double breasted suits, sexy undergarments, and novelty t-shirts, hats, and masks. All of these items are now available for purchase in GTA Online until the end of February. Once you acquire them, they will be kept in your inventory forever.
The update also adds 10 new Jobs spread across a variety of GTA Online's modes. Here are a few Valentine's-themed favorites from Rockstar:
- "Shotgun Wedding" (Team Deathmatch): The title says it all. Small-scale Deathmatch around the church in Paleto Bay that’s locked to shotguns. It’ll be a lot less bloody than divorce.
- "Property Values" (Deathmatch): Forget about love, nothing’s going to break your heart like the price of real estate. Free for all Deathmatch on an unaffordable cul-de-sac near Mirror Park. Look out for the sniper on the grassy knoll.
- "Creek" (Parachuting): Nothing says ‘I’m in love’ like throwing yourself out of a chopper with up to seven other idiots. A steep dive, almost skirting the side of the Raton Canyon, gliding into Cassidy Creek.
- "Vinewood Tours" (Race): Who needs love when you’ve got booze in your belly and stars in your eyes? Lap race for cars and bikes taking in all the tourist sights of Vinewood and Rockford Hills.
- "Motorboating" (Sea Race): A good motorboating is all anyone wants for Valentine’s Day. Take your love for a trip around buoys and over jumps to the North of Mount Gordo.
- "Heart Breaker" (Bike Race): Make your feelings known by carving a love heart into the Grand Senora Desert. Hills and jumps in this mainly off-road lap race for bikes on a heart-shaped track.
Celebrating today's release, Rockstar is hosting a special Valentine's Massacre Social Club Event Weekend that includes special in-game RP bonuses, Crate Drops, and more.
Coinciding with today's new content is an actual title update (version 1.10) for Grand Theft Auto 5. Along with the return of the Rat Loader pickup is a lengthy list of bug fixes -- all of which you can read about here.