Upcoming Survival Adventure game, Kôna gets official release window for PS4, Xbox One, and PC
The game is currently in Early Access on Steam
Kôna is a Survival Adventure game set in Atamipek Lake in Northern Canada during the 1970's and is one of the more intriguing, albeit lesser known entries into the 1st-person adventure genre in quite a while. The game has been in Steam Early Access since March of 2016, but developer Parabole has announced that Kôna is nearing its full release and will be coming to Xbox One and PS4 as well.
Kôna has been given a release window of March 2017, putting it at about a full year since entering Early Access. Parabole has also partnered with Publisher RavensCourt, who will be assisting them in publishing the game on Xbox One and PS4. Parabole is handling the publishing for the Steam, GOG.com, and Humble Store releases.
Kôna casts players in the role of Carl Faubert, a renowned private detective who is called to investigate several incidents of vandalism at a hunting manor. When he arrives, he finds himself trapped in a fierce snowstorm with no living souls around the eerie village. Players must explore and uncover the mystery of what has happened.
Here's a list of features in Kôna courtesy of the game's Steam page:
- Step into a surreal interactive tale of mystery and investigate the perplexing quietness in the entire town.
- Explore a vast, frigid Northern environment and battle the elements to survive.
- Complete the first of four distinct acts, each offering between three to five hours of gameplay.
- Enjoy the atmospheric soundtrack featuring music by Quebec folk band Curé Label.
- Experience the tale through the omniscient, third-person storyteller.
- Go back in time with a vintage look and feel reminiscent of 1970s rural communities.
Stay tuned for more details on an exact release date for Kôna.