UFO Interactive Announces XG Blast! for the Nintendo DS
UFO Interactive Games, Inc. announced today that the retro arcade shooter, XG Blast!, is coming to the Nintendo DS console for Summer 2010.
About XG Blast!
XG Blast! is an arcade shooter delivered in a bright and colorful retro style. Players control the spaceship Aknathen, which wandered into hostile territory during a secret experimental journey to test the spaceship’s capabilities and advanced devices. Utilize the unique powers of your ship as you fight countless squadrons of enemy ships. It is up to you to get your crew back in one piece and save your people from annihilation!
XG Blast! Key Features:
- Addictively simplistic design with unique retro styling
- Multiple weapon types that can be upgraded 4 times for increased potency
- Intense battles with multiple enemies that spawn all over the screen including enormous end level bosses
- Choice of control methods give easy access to all players
- Discovery Mode – Delve into the story of the Aknathen crew with branching paths that extend replay-ability
- Survival Mode – Choose a zone that you have conquered in Discovery Mode to earn medals; the longer you survive, the more prestigious the award
- Multiplayer Modes – Choose from a 2 player co-op mode where you battle against the aliens together or duke it out in a 4 player death-match frag-fest to see who really is the space ace