Ubisoft's Comic-Con 2013 lineup announced: Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, and more!
Ubisoft is bringing its impressive catalog of games to Comic-Con International: San Diego, the company announced today. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends, South Park: Stick of Truth, and Watch Dogs will all be present at the show and attendees will be able to go hands-on with some of them.
Below are the company's full plans for Comic-Con International: San Diego:
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
- Visit the Jackdaw, the ship of game protagonist Captain Edward Kenway on July 19-20 from 10:00am to 7:00pm at the 5th Avenue Landing.
- New gameplay demo with an "insider's erspective from the development team."
- Play the game's multiplayer mode, including customized levels created thorugh the new Game Lab feature
- Check out never-before-released footage showcasing game protagonist Aiden Pearce's hacking prowess in a fully connected recreation of Chicago.
- Pre-order Watch Dogs from Amazon.com and receive an exclusive free t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Featured at the Gamespot booth
- For those unable to attend Comic-Con, visit the Xbox Gaming Lounge at Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at 1 Market Place OR the Nintendo Gaming Lounge at the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina at 333 W Harbor Drive.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth, Thursday, July 18, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. room 6BCF: The creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, will discuss their upcoming South Park videogame, South Park: The Stick of Truth. Parker and Stone will talk role playing games, their vision for an interactive South Park adventure, and creating The Stick of Truth, the epic quest to become… cool.
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Friday, July 19 from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. room 6BCF: Featuring a live demo and in-depth look at the Golden Age of Pirates, meet and ask questions to the current torchbearers for the Assassin’s Creed franchise including Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag writer Darby McDevitt, comic book writer Brenden Fletcher and legendary comic book artist Todd McFarlane.
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist, Friday, July 19, from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. room 23ABC: Ubisoft Toronto’s Creative Director Maxime Beland, Game Director Patrick Redding, and Art Director Scott Lee will provide an in-depth look at Sam Fisher and his latest, most thrilling mission to date. Comic Writer Nathan Edmondson will also provide details on the companion comic, Splinter Cell Echoes.
- Watch Dogs Saturday, July 20 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. room 23ABC: Aiden Pearce, the protagonist in Watch Dogs is a tech-savvy modern-day vigilante who can hack the infrastructure of Chicago at a moment’s notice. But just how realistic are Aiden’s abilities? Hosted by Aisha Tyler, panelists will include security consultants from Kaspersky Lab® to talk about hyper-connectivity and the realities of how secure we really are. Kevin Shortt, lead story designer, will explain what it’s like writing for a next-generation game, as well as unveiling never-before-seen footage.