Total War: Rome 2 PC requirements, and a massive panoramic screenshot
With just a few months left until the September 3rd release of Total War: Rome 2, Creative Assembly has announced the system requirements to get this bad boy up-and-running on your PC. Included below are both the minimum and recommended specs. Admittedly, I'm no expert when it comes to PC specs, but nothing seems to out of the ordinary here.
- OS: XP/ Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
- Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor:2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics:1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
- Hard Drive:35 GB HD space
- Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
I guess the biggest thing here is the whopping 35GB of hard drive space required for installation. Well, maybe not the biggest; Creative Assembly included a panoramic screenshot, 30000x4087 in size, depicting the Battle of the Nile. -- "complete with bellowing war-elephants, thundering Ballista and terrifying camel-charges, as the armies of Ptolemy and Caesar clash on Egypt’s shores.”
The panoramic is pretty large so we've only included a scaled down teaser; however, you can view it in its entirety here.