Top ten Xbox LIVE Arcade games for 2012 revealed, XBLA doubles in revenue from 2011
If you’ve yet to accept the fact that the digital scene is a momentous landmark in our industry, then let the facts do the talking. According to fadellc.com, who released a sales list of the top ten XBLA titles, Xbox LIVE Arcade doubled its revenue from 2011 the past year, headlined by titles like Trials: Evolution and Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.
Behind those two juggernauts stands our 2012 Game of the Year, The Walking Dead: The Game, along with another, five year-old powerhouse, Castle Crashers. The only surprise out of the top ten is that fact that the popular game, Fez, failed to top the list, though we assume it wasn’t too far out, and has certainly exceeded expectations to date.
The entire list, featuring units sold and total revenue, can be seen below:
1. Minecraft – 4,997,000 units/$97,388,000
2. Trials Evolution – 1,002,000 units/$14,298,000
3. The Walking Dead – 2,615,000 units/$10,277,000
4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – 273,000/$3,973,000
5. Castle Crashers – 252,000 units/$3,778,000
6. Gotham City Impostors – 258,000 units/$3,698,000
7. I Am Alive – 245,000 units/$3,609,000
8. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD – 226,000 units/$3,261,000
9. Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – 206,000 units/$2,903,000
10. Trials HD – 203,000/$2,799,000
Do you see 2013 being an even better year for XBLA? Let us know your predictions by commenting below.