Top 10 PS3 games that have been 'platinum'd' the most
Today, Sony revealed the top PS3 games that have been "Platinum'd", or completed the 100% since the introduction of PlayStation Network Trophies in 2008.
Platinum Trophies are the most difficult trophies to acquire, requiring a mix of skill and dedication. After searching the records, Sony's senior social media manager, Jeff Rubenstein detailed the the game's that have given up the highly coveted platinum trophy more often than any other PlayStation 3 game.
Here are the top 10 games ranked by total Platinum Trophies earned:
- Assassin’s Creed II
- Modern Warfare 2
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- God of War 3
- Resident Evil 5
- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
- God of War (GoW HD Collection)
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (The Sly Collection)
Rubenstein even did us a favor and compiled a few interested trends. As detailed on the PlayStation Blog:
- These are good games – The average Metacritic score for the above games is 89 – so it’s a good bet that these games are of high enough quality that gamers are all too happy to fully explore them to find every last collectible (Assassin’s Creed II, Sly 1), or are willing to play through multiple times on the hardest levels to earn those Trophies (Uncharted, Modern Warfare, God of War)
- Big sellers – We’re looking at total Platinum trophies here, so it stands to reason that games that have sold a lot of copies would have been Platinum’d a lot. That’s probably why you don’t see CSI: Fatal Conspiracy or Hannah Montana: The Movie on this list, even though they are known to be easy to Platinum.
- Few multiplayer Trophies – None of the games listed have the dreaded “Hit Level 50 Rank in Multiplayer.” Even the multiplayer-heavy Modern Warfare 2 saves most of its Trophies for the campaign and Spec Ops missions. I think this is why you see Assassin’s Creed II on this list, and not AC: Brotherhood, which introduced Multiplayer to the series (and associates 10 Trophies with this mode, many of which are tough to get). Take note, developers!
- These games are a couple of years old – The newest game on this list is Sly Cooper & the Theivius Raccoonus from The Sly Collection, which came out last year. The rest of the games are from 2009 or before. My theories: it takes a lot of time to grind through everything there is to see and do, and with most of these games now value-priced, many people are still picking these up and embarking on their road to the Platinum even today.
What games have you Platinum'd in?
If you would like to talk gaming news follow @Matt_GZ on Twitter.