Tomb Raider for PC is 'extensively optimized'
Tomb Raider publisher Square Enix has turned to an old partner to oversee the game's conversion to PC.
Nixxes has handled many computer versions of Square Enix titles (from Deux Ex: Human Revolution all the way back to Legacy of Kain). Tomb Raider for PC will be "extensively optimized," says the publisher, with Steamworks and Big Picture support, improved SSAO, high resolution textures and increased detail tessellation, and post-filter effects.
The game will work on outdated operating systems like Windows XP or support AMD HD3D and AMD Eyefinity if gamers have the hardware.
Below are the minimum and recommended requirements:
Minimum system requirements for PC
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT, nVidia 8600
- Dual core CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+), Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 4870, nVidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 565, Intel Core i5-750
- 4GB Memory
Follow @wita on Twitter.