Titanfall 2 'The War Games' DLC to bring plenty of content next week
Now this is how you do DLC.
Respawn, the folks behind Titanfall 1 and 2, have revealed with sixth DLC drop for Titanfall 2 and it looks like it will be making the game even better. The upcoming DLC, titled The War Games, will be bringing a new map, mode, execution, and a third weapon slot for pilots.
All of this will be heading to Titanfall 2 for free across all platforms next week!
Here's what 'The War Games' will be bringing to Titanfall when it launches on June 27th.
Map: War Games
- Pilots on the Frontier frequently use simulator pods to train, using life-like recreations of historical battles as combat scenarios. War Games highlights the civilian shops, tall buildings for window-to-window fighting, and city streets for Titan combat from the Battle of Angel City, and the large, open tank garage facilities for hand-to-hand Pilot combat from the Battle of Airbase Sierra. The outskirts of the map feature a clean, VR style perfect for Titan duels, while Pilots are often found running along the bright, interconnected wallrunning routs.
Live Fire Map: Traffic
- A weathered test site where pilot positioning is pitted against mobility across two busy thoroughfares. Dense cover makes every corner a threat, with room for snipers to hide in the back fields.
New Execution: Shadow Boxing [Holo Pilot]
- Get 20 pilot kills while a holopilot ability is active (Both normal holopilot and boost ability holopilot nova count.) Does not retroactively count.
3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots
- You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.
- Titan Brawl will be added to the permanent list of game modes. Titan damage will be displayed instead of assists.
New Featured Mode: Free Agents
- Additional details for balance changes, features, and updates will be provided in the patch notes closer to launch.
In addition to this DLC news, Respawn has teased that they aren't done with DLC and that July's update "will be huge and will include the long-awaited return of a favorite mode from the original Titanfall." Respawn also confirmed the game will feature 4K resolution on the Xbox One X and support dynamic super scaling.