news\ Aug 7, 2012 at 7:30 pm

THQ cans Guillermo Del Toro's Insane trilogy

Del Toro

Publisher THQ has canceled preproduction on Volition Studios and film director Guillermo Del Toro's survival horror trilogy, Insane, which was planned for 2013.

Insane was announced in December 2010. THQ said the game was in very early development, and the project's termination has not affected any teams.

The company has returned the rights to Del Toro, so it's worth wondering whether the director will seek a new publisher.

At E3 in June, THQ president Jason Rubin said the game was still in production.

Early last month, THQ also dropped Valhalla Studios' action game Devil's Third from its list of publishable games.

Follow @wita on Twitter for tales of superheroes, plumbers in overalls, and literary adventures.

[Game Informer]

About The Author
Gz-av-2
Stephanie Carmichael Twitter: @wita
In This Article
Tags:
THQ
From Around The Web
Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus