There's a bunch of Battlefield-inspired products coming your way
Electronic Arts today announced a full slate of Battlefield-branded products including a novel, PC gaming peripherals, and console controllers.
"In anticipation of the Battlefield 4 launch on October 29, DICE has hand-selected strategic licensing partners that will bring the beloved Battlefield brand to new retail sectors and new demographics this holiday," Electronic Arts said in a press release today. "These category leaders give gamers a chance to engage with the Battlefield brand in new ways and further develop the profile of Battlefield in pop culture. With a range of Battlefield 4 items, players will be able to create a deeper connection with this award-winning title."
There's actually two books being published. The first is a Battlefield 4 novel written by esteemed author Peter Grimsdale which provides "backstory about the game's heroic squad." The other is a "high-end art book that dives deeper into the imagery of Battlefield 4." There's also a range of Battlefield 4 gaming peripherals "to help you feel the intensity of the battlefield."
The full list of products in the licensed Battlefield 4 collection are:
- Orion Publishing Group Battlefield 4 novel written by Peter Grimsdale
- Titan Books Battlefield 4 art book in Standard and Limited Editions
- Razer performance PC gaming peripherals and accessories, including mice, keyboards, headsets, messengers bags, and iPhone® cases
- PDP performance Xbox 360 and PS3 controllers
- Qpad premium PC mouse mats
- Jinx clothing apparel and accessories including t-shirts, hoodies, hats, key chains and dog tags
- Prima Games Standard and Collection Edition strategy guides
- Cook & Becker Battlefield 4 artwork
- Walls360 Battlefield 4 wall graphics
- BigBen Interactive mobile device and tablet cases
Are you not impressed? Battlefield 4 will be available on October 29 for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. It will also be released on Xbox One and PS4.