The Top Five Gaming Gods of 2009
This one is for the ladies. ... In a bit of a departure from the usual fare and year-end awards, we - at GameZone - decided to honor some of the characters we met in 2009 that kept us thinking about them long after the game was turned off. So today, we are offering up the list of cyber-hunks of 2009, as selected by the women who write for GameZone. Tomorrow, the guys get a say by naming the video-game vixens that graced our screens and haunted our dreams.
The Top Five
Gaming Gods of 2009
By Natalie Romano
GameZone names the 2009 Video-game ‘Hunk’ of the Year
Ask a male gamer who he thinks is the sexiest gaming hero and they won’t have trouble naming five off the top of their head but if you ask that question to a female gamer they’ll really have to think about it. You see, the gaming world is filled with generic-looking muscle men who girls wouldn’t like to run into in a dark alley nor would even consider dating for that matter. Then there are the faceless/voiceless heroes we never get to see so we don’t have much in terms of hunks to pick from in the gaming world.
Then again, that isn’t entirely true because for every Cole from inFamous or Johnny from The Lost and Damned (wait, I think they’re the same person) is a hero worthy of being called a hunk. We’re talking sexy, drool-worthy hunky Gaming Gods who we ladies can’t take our eyes off even when it’s not a cut scene.
This year does have a few hunks worthy of note so, with the help of fellow female reviewer, Angelina Sandoval, we looked through many games searching for that hot hunk of 2009. It was a long and demanding task but somebody had to make the sacrifice. Now that we both stopped drooling we came up with the Top 5 Hottest Gaming Hunks of 2009.
So, ladies, we have our top five candidates and the winner of this year’s contest. May there be a “Shirtless” cheat code for each of them, we say.
The top contenders ...
5. Alex Mercer - Prototype: Being a mutated reanimated corpse doesn’t stop girls from loving Alex Mercer. The need to rip zombies and mutant freaks apart with his own mutated limb and the ability to scale a tall building within seconds actually makes for on interesting conversation on a date. Oh, and the fact that he can turn into anyone he comes into contact makes the possibilities nearly endless. Plus, he’s got gorgeous eyes thus making him the perfect prototype for a perfect boyfriend.
4. Chris Redfield - Resident Evil 5: For years, Jill Valentine has been the luckiest woman in Raccoon City’s STARS Division and that’s because her partner was none other than the hunky Chris Redfield. In the fifth installment of the Resident Evil series, Chris has gone from the cute jock-wannabe to a hot quarterback. With a killer body and dreamy good-looks, he’s one gorgeous hunk we wouldn’t mind joining in the hot zombie-infested African village.
3. Ezio Auditore da Firenze - Assassin’s Creed II: Hiding behind the shadow of his hood is the face of an exotically handsome nobleman who we wouldn’t mind climb up to our window at the dead of night after having hunted down the men that had wrong his family. Sure, he’s an assassin in a long line of assassins but Ezio is hot enough to be worthy of being immortalized by master Leonardo Di Vinci … or an amazing game.
2. Miguel Caballero Rojo - Tekken 6: One of the best things to come out of The King of the Iron Fist Tournament, this sexy matador is appropriately spicy and just so downright caliente. The boys can drool all over Nina Williams or Brazilian bombshell Christie but us girls will be happy being Miguel’s towel girl any day of the week.
And the Hottest Gaming Hunk of the Year is …
1. Nathan Drake - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: Sexiness has a name and it’s Nathan Drake. He’s the kind of man who guys would happily share a beer with and ladies would love nothing more than to grab his hand let him lead you out of a major gunfight. He’s witty, charming and has a smile that would melt you in his arms. He’s also part of what makes the story in Uncharted soar to the point of making him far more charming than fellow “tomb raider” Lara Croft.
* * *
Remember to check in tomorrow for the GameZone 2009 Video-game Babe of the Year winner!