The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes is Now Availabe for Download
May 7, 2008
LEGACY INTERACTIVES THE LOST CASES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES MYSTERY GAME NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
Puzzle Adventure/Hidden Object Casual Game Includes 16 Original Cases to Solve
Come, Watson, come! The game is afoot. Legacy Interactive today announces the release of The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes, a whodunit casual computer game of theft, espionage and murder in which the player must tap their own powers of observation to solve puzzles and identify the culprits.
The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes is the first computer game officially licensed by the Conan Doyle Estate. It features familiar personalities including Sherlock Holmes, Watson, Mycroft, Inspector Lestrade and more than 100 historical characters that will launch players into the world of the eccentric and famous detective. For each of the 16 individual cases, an overall storyline is revealed and a list of potential suspects is whittled down until the perpetrator is ultimately exposed.
In each case, set in Victorian London, players encounter the following puzzles: a hidden object puzzle, Sudoku, find the difference puzzle, and a picture memory game. There are also additional puzzles and mini-games such as anagrams, cryptograms and jigsaw memory games, which are available at various levels. Legacy has gone to great lengths to insure that the puzzles and mini-games are relevant to the period and storyline of the game as the player journeys from locales such as the British Museum, Big Ben, Kew Gardens, the Royal Theater and others in search of clues that are then evaluated back at 221b Baker Street.
* Play as part of the venerable team of Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson.
* There are 16 different mystery cases for players to solve.
* Over 100 visual puzzles and mini-games tailored to the subject and period of the game reveal a cohesive storyline as you play.
* A wide variety of mind-bending puzzles including hidden object, find the difference, picture Sudoku and picture memory games.
* Realistic and relevant clues for each case.
* Gamers can easily begin their adventure where they just left off; there is no disruption in game play.
* Players can explore 40 historically accurate locations around Victorian London.
* Officially licensed by the Conan Doyle Estate.
Pricing and Availability
The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes is available for download at http://legacygames.com/download_games/394/the_lost_cases_of_sherlock_holmes
for $19.95 U.S. The title is rated E-10+.
The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes is part of Legacys MyLife GAMES® series dedicated to smart entertainment for the busy mainstream game player. Online content syndicate uclick is distributing the downloadable game through portals and online destinations.
Later this month, a retail version will ship to stores, distributed exclusively by Navarre Corporation. More information on the game and The Sherlock Holmes Hidden Object Contest can be found at www.sherlockgame.com.