The Sims 4 day-one patch notes detailed
The Sims 4 is all about the wild stories, so it's fitting that the patch notes for the day-one update make for some hilarious reading. The update, available today alongside the game's release, promises fixes for a number of bugs and other gameplay-related issues, some of them quite strange.
For instance, the patch addresses an issue in which the game would hang when your Sims attempt to go on dates with the Grim Reaper. "The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention," EA writes. Another fix addresses an issue where babies were "incorrectly hibernating within household inventories."
You can read the full patch notes below, maybe while waiting for your game to download and install.
Severe Issues / Crashes:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create A Sim that could occur after the you lock and unlock your computer.
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed an issue with “Shine on Men’s Suit”, “Glitter and Abs”, “Big Hat of Shame”, “Star-Spangled Glasses” and the “Tiki Bar”, not remembering their unlocked state upon reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in non-responsive game states.The Reaper still loves ya baby, he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
- You can now exit Build Mode when not on your home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
- Game no longer hangs if you attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
- Splitting and merging households no longer results in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
- Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household die.
- Babies no longer multiply if left in the Household Inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mode from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create A Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow you to modify their face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects (via the shift + [,] cheat) that are shared to the Gallery will now remember their enlarged state for others to enjoy.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become non-responsive when attempting to save a lot to the your library.