The Secret World set to get first update, 'Unleashed', on July 31
The Secret World, Funcom's latest MMORPG, has only been out a month and it is already set to receive its first content-packed update. Titled "Unleashed", the first update will contain several new missions, nightmare mode for two more dungeons, a marketplace feature, and much more.
Funcom provided all of the details on the new stories, characters, and missions that will be coming to players later this month. Aside from the list below, Funcom did hint that another missions awaits "observant players on Solomon Island - one that explores a character that may be more than she pretends to be".
- Carter Unleashed: An action mission set at the Innsmouth Academy on Solomon Island, where the player gets to know more about the exceptionally gifted student Carter. Exploring the hallway below the academy, Carter will need help controlling her powers - before they get completely out of hand.
- Crime and Punishment: Bestselling horror author Sam Krieg came to Solomon Island to write his latest novel - but there's more to it than that. Through this investigation, the player will dig into Krieg's works and the mind of an obsessed fan to learn more about the dark and hidden history of Solomon Island.
- Hell & Bach: Daredevil reporter Daniel Bach is working on the story of all stories, his shot at finally winning a Pulitzer. For years, he's been chasing the ghost of Theodore Wicker, only to end up trapped at the Overlook Motel outside Kingsmouth Town. But Wicker's story doesn't end here - nor did it start here. Following the bread crumbs back in time, the player will investigate the mystery of Wicker, and learn more about what brought him to the gates of hell...and beyond.
- Funeral Crasher: Eleanor Franklin only has her cats and her ghosts to keep her company at her mansion in Blue Mountain - and now the ghosts are getting restless. When the dead themselves are spooked, the living must pay heed.
- The 3rd Age: There have been Ages before ours, and the evidence lies beneath. In Egypt, the sand is thin, and the remnants of past Ages are beginning to spread their influence across the world. The Seven Sentinels hold the key to an investigation that begins in the present, and delves deep into the distant past.
- Red Handed: It wasn't chance that brought Dr Varias to this distant part of the Carpathians at this particular point in time. Following in his father's footsteps, Varias is attempting to unravel the mystery of the Red Hand. Why did they build a vast facility beneath this desolate region? What were they doing here? And how was Varias' father involved? In this investigation, we answer some burning questions about this secret Soviet era genetic research project - and how it ties into the events of the present.
The Ankh and Hell Fallen dungeons are receiving new Nightmare modes that bring increased challenges, increased rewards, and a chance to test new builds as you will face some of the "toughest and fiercest challenges" that The Secret World has to offer.
Also included in the update is a new,c ross-dimensional Marketplace that will allow you to sell, trade, and ship items to other players. As an MMORPG, expansion is ongoing in The Secret World. With that, you may be able to see "ongoing construction" in New York, London, and Seoul.
"The Secret World is a LIVING world, and it will keep growing and changing through this issue and all upcoming, monthly issues. And this is only the beginning," Funcom boasted.
"Issue #2 is already on its way, and if you like this month's content, you're going to LOVE what's next! Dr Aldini is sharpening his scalpels, the Ockham triplets are readying their scissors and razors, and the first auxiliary weapon is being assembled - so stay tuned for August's major update, to be revealed soon!" they promised.
The Secret World issue #1: 'Unleashed' goes live on July 31st as a free update for all players.