'The Replacer' arrives just in time for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Revolution
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Revolution, the first DLC pack for Activision's popular first-person shooter, is just a mere week away from its debut on Xbox 360. At that time you'll receive four all-new multiplayer maps, a new Zombies Co-Op map, and a brand new Zombies game. Needless to say you're going to need a lot of free time on your hands.
That's where the Replacer comes in, and he couldn't have come at a better time. What's the Replacer, you ask? He's a man who specializes in being your replacement during life's most mundane activities -- jobs, lady friends, the birth of your first child, things of that nature.
In Activision's new trailer for the Black Ops 2 Revolution, actor Peter Stormare (Fargo, The Big Lebowski) gives us a glimpse at the upcoming downloadable content and the things he can do to help free up your time. Activision is known for its high-quality trailers and genius marketing tactics for the blockbuster franchise, but this one appears rather simple. With that being said, it's also my favorite by far. Trailers don't often make me laugh, but Stormare managed to get a few chuckles out of me -- especially the Ikea furniture.
Currently I'm in the process of both planning a wedding and purchasing my first home. I could really use a Replacer.
Revolution will include four new multiplayer maps, a new Zombies mode map, and a bonus weapon. Below are the official descriptions of each piece of content:
- "Downhill" is set in the ski country of the French Alps, where players fight their way down the slopes and through a ski lodge, while avoiding the moving hazards of the mountain's gondola system.
"Hydro" tasks players with dodging floodwaters as they contend for dominance of this hydroelectric dam facility in
Pakistan, filled with treacherous spillways.
- "Mirage" pits players in competition amidst the sand dunes of a dilapidated luxury resort in the sandstorm-devastated Gobi Desert, where a range of long-distance and close-quarters combat will mix up the action for all play styles.
"Grind" transports players to the historic birthplace of skateboarding, California's
Venice Beach, where they will battle it out through the ramps and half-pipes of this massive, epic skate park in a multiplayer environment comprised of unique curved architecture requiring players to adapt and learn new ways to take cover.
- Peacekeeper SMG is a powerful, new hybrid SMG-Assault Rifle weapon that comes with its own set of weapon challenges for bonus XP.
- "Turned" mode that lets you play as a zombie, for the first time ever in Call of Duty.
- "Die Rise" is a new zombie co-op map that takes you to the Far East of an obliterated Chinese city.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Revolution will be available exclusively on Xbox LIVE January 29 for 1200 Microsoft Points, or $14.99. Those who purchased the Season Pass will be able to download it automatically at no additional cost. It will arrive on PS3 and PC at a later date.