'The Hunger Games' on Blu-ray has so many bonus features it needs its own trailer
And that's exactly what it shall get. Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment have released a trailer for the disc's bonus features. And boy are there features. The Hunger Games on Blu-ray and DVD will come with:
- The World is Watching: Making of The Hunger Games: An eight-part documentary covering the "making of" the film in all aspects from the pre-production process all the way through the theatrical release and fan reactions
- Game Maker: Suzanne Collins and The Hunger Games phenomenon
- Letters from the Rose Garden featurette: Insights from Donald Sutherland on the development of his role as President Snow
- Controlling the Games: Stories and concepts behind creating the control center
- A conversation with Gary Ross and Elvis Mitchell: the Director of The Hunger Games
- Propaganda Film (in its entirety)
- Marketing archive
- Both the DVD and Blu-ray comes with a Digital Copy of the movie
- Preparing for the Games: A Director's Process (Blu-ray exclusive)
The Hunger Games releases on Blu-ray and DVD on August 18, 2012. The suggested retail is $39.99 for Blu-ray and $30.98 for DVD, but you can pre-order them now from Amazon for $22.96 (Blu-ray) and $18.96 (DVD).
If you liked the movie and plan to buy it for you home collection, you should definitely pre-order it now. The savings of over $16 on the Blu-ray version is well worth it. The Blu-ray comes with 2 discs, the first having the feature film, the second contains all of the bonus features. While I don't have an answer to how long the bonus features are, you can be sure they'll add at least a couple of more hours to your Hunger Games viewing pleasure.
You can follow Movies and Culture Editor Lance Liebl on Twitter @Lance_GZ