The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim update 1.8 rolling out on PS3
In preparation for the release of Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC on PS3 tomorrow, Bethesda has deployed update 1.8. The title update should begin downloading upon inserting your game disc into the PS3, requiring little work on your end.
Below are the notable fixes contained within the patch:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
I'd recommend installing the update as soon as possible because tomorrow is the big day when PlayStation 3 owners can finally extend their adventures in Skyrim. Although all three previously released expansions will eventually be released this month, tomorrow will be the release of Dragonborn. The add-on, which has been available on Xbox 360 since December 2012, revolves around a mysterious figure named Miraak — who may or may not be the first ever Dragonborn. He's casted a spell upon the people of Solstheim, turning them into his slaves. You must stop him.
As for future DLC releases, Skyrim Hearthfire will be released on Tuesday, February 19, followed by Dawnguard on February 26.