The Elder Scrolls Online Patch 1.0.2 notes fixes a lot of quest bugs
The Elder Scrolls Online has officially launched on April 4th, and while the launch itself went pretty smoothly, the game has suffered some glitches and bugs that could halt player progress.
Our own Matt Liebl has actually suffered some really bad bugs from constantly falling through the world, or his character getting booted off the server for spamming, even without typing a single word. The good news is, a fix is coming.
In the latest 1.0.2 patch that's currently undergoing on the North American Megaserver. Here is the full list of all the fixes once the server goes back up.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue where siege weapons in Cyrodiil could have odd behavior after a crash.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when selling items to a vendor.
- Hireling goodie bags are no longer tradeable.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Edited the names for a number of items found in dungeons.
- Sheogorath's Tongue: The cave boss now respawns at an appropriate rate.
- Elden Hollow: Chokethorn will now always agro you when he is engaged.
- Veteran Darkshade Caverns: Boss: The Engine Guardian's green phase now triggers properly.
- Fixed an issue where the anchor could become stuck when a large group engages it.
- Dark Anchors now properly reset back to their correct state when nobody is around.
- Fixed an issue where guild members with deposit only permissions could not deposit into the guild bank.
- Fixed an issue where you were unable to mount your horse if you went to a new area while already mounted.
- Fixed an issue that occurred within a number of areas where you could knock other players or monsters out of the world.
- Frog Racing has been outlawed, and the quest is currently disabled. Race organizers vow to petition the queen for their return.
- Wishing wells have been removed from Skywatch.
- Sever All Ties: High Kinlady Estre should now always appear when she should.
- In The Name of the Queen: Colanwe should no longer get stuck and block quest progression.
- Rites of the Queen: Queen Ayrenn should no longer get stuck and block quest progression.
- The Mallari-Mora: Uricantar will no longer instantly respawn.
- Challenge the Tide: You can no longer repeatedly summon Gruznak.
- The Ghosts of Westtry: Fixed an issue so "Listen to Rosalind and Leon's Discussion" now properly completes and advances the quest.
- Reclaiming the Elements: Each of you is now able to open a portal and advance the quest.
- Mastering the Talisman: Gabrielle now always spawns near her tree.
- Champion of the Guardians: If a monster that is defending the Wyresses gets stuck, it will now reset properly and advance the quest.
- Reclaiming the Elements: Fixed an issue that was causing the quest to break when abandoned.
- Wolves in the Fold: Refugees should now properly transform into werewolves as intended.
- Unsafe Haven: Jeer-Tei should now always now spawn on the boat.
- Unsafe Haven: The ritual hostiles should now always spawn.
- Handmade Guardian: The Bosmer are no longer interested in the sport fighting of lurchers.
- Frighten the Fearsom: The Kollopi Essence disguise no longer works in Cyrodiil.
- Retaking the Pass: You should now be able to get credit for closing the rifts during the "Close the Shadow Rifts" step.
- Long Lost Lore: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t always use the portal at the end of Cheesemonger's Hollow.
- Castle of the Worm: Overwhelming Power is now properly removed from you.
- Shornhelm Divided: High King Emeric should now appear when he should.
- Children of Yokuda: Poison barrels should now spawn on for the step "Foil the Poison Plot."
- The Fangs of Sithis: Barvyn should now respawn as intended if he becomes stuck.
- Desperate Souls: The boss event now properly resets if the boss gets stuck.
- Enslaved in Death: Spectral Slaves should now be able to be freed as intended.
- The Brothers Will Rise: You should no longer get blocked when dying to a summoned atronach.
- The Brothers Will Rise: Brimstone and Hatewarden should now be able to be spawned after becoming stuck.
- Gift of the Worm: The Graveborn Fleshripper should now respawn as intended if he becomes stuck.
- Added an English textual warning when deleting a character reminding you that items still attached to characters on deletion will be deleted. This includes items granted through pre-ordering, Imperial Editions, and beta rewards.
- Reduced the number of characters that can be entered into a chat message. This should resolve an issue where some messages were too long to properly view in the chat window.