The Dark Meadow horror game will be free-to-play
The Dark Meadow is getting new content and a no-charge entry point for new players, starting tonight in the form of the free-to-play Dark Meadows: The Pact. It will also be available for Android devices next month.
Phosphor Games Studios's first-person, horror action/adventure game currently costs $5.99 in the App Store and boasts 2135 ratings of a four-and-a-half star average. The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences nominated The Dark Meadow for Mobile Game of the Year in January, although Infinity Blade II won in its place.
“We are extremely pleased at the overwhelming response by gamers and critics to The Dark Meadow, our very first iOS game, and we are glad to offer Dark Meadow: The Pact free of charge on iOS tonight and Android in April,” said director Chip Sineni of Phosphor Games Studios. “For those ‘early adopters’ who bought the game when it was first released, we hope you enjoy all the new content and enhancements that were designed specifically in response to your feedback and to hardware enhancements that will now make the game more beautiful than ever on iOS.”
The "Premium Pack" will be available for free if you've already purchased the full game, but paying customers will receive complimentary extras. The complete list of upgrades is provided below:
- New iPad Retina support!
- New environments to explore (about 1/3 more), new boss creature
- “LightBombs” that instantly take out most enemies
- New swords and crossbow weapons with special attack fx
- Map so you never get lost
- “Fast Travel” warps so you don’t have to re-start from beginning
- Health packs you can use in combat, revive after death and stay in combat
- Added Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
Premium Players get a gift pack of gear to assist them!
- 5 health kits
- 13 bombs
- 15,000 gold
- 150 Sun coins
- No ads
Follow @wita on Twitter for tales of superheroes, plumbers in overalls, and literary adventures.