TERA patch 17.29.01 released, change-log detailed
Today, En Masse released patch 17.29.01 for the recently launched MMORPG TERA. The patch went live this morning during the scheduled maintenance.
En Masse noted that they've adjusted how guild emblems are stored so all previous emblems have been wiped. Guild leaders will need to re-upload their emblem for their guilds. They did say this shouldn't occur again in the future.
As for what today's patch contained, check out the full patch notes below:
New Stuff and Changes
- For players who weren't already wise to the Looking for Group window (Y) and LFG chat channel, LFG will be added to the general chat channel upon reaching level 18.
- Default setting for party loot rolls has changed to "rare" and "class-specific".
- There is now a clock in the lower right-hand corner of the game screen. Now you have no excuse for not knowing that you've been playing all night.
- The images for other guilds' emblems are no longer stored on your hard drive. You'll have to download pictures elsewhere.
- In preparation of the upcoming vanarch elections, many specialty shopkeepers, trainers and tradebrokers are taking a vacation. You'll have to petition your local elected officials to get them back to work.
- Selected guards in Velika, Allemantheia, and Kaiator will now give directions to certain locations and NPCs within their cities if asked nicely.
- When receiving or completing a reputation quest, the quest will now display which faction is awarding the reputation.
- The world map will now show green markers where you can pick up daily quests.
- The limit for the amount of money a player can spend on a single item at the trade broker has been raised to 990,000 gold. Better save your pennies.
- You can now preview costume items in your Inventory or at the Brokerage by right-clicking them while holding down the CTRL button. So go ahead and take a look at your bad self.
- There are now three enchanting tutorial quests—two at level 25 and one at level 48. You'll be enchanted, we're sure.
- All mount skills now reactivate in one second. Pony up.
- The baby blue horn giant toad you must escort now has five times its former HP. That's one bad-ass toad.
- In the Fane of Kaprima and Temple of Balder instances on the hard setting, equipment drops have been re-randomized to avoid too many duplicate drops.
- The Zolnaz Transporter at the northern Khanovar Front summons kallan armor soldiers. If you've never seen a kallan armor soldier, you'll probably just want to stay away. But those who must approach the transporter will be happy to hear that its summoning rate has decreased. The transporter previously summoned two soldiers initially, and then two more every 20 seconds until destroyed. It now summons two soldiers initially, and then summons more every 40 seconds until destroyed. Don't you feel better now?
- Added additional climbing spots in Hungry Caverns.
- Added a destination link to Berrul's quest in Granarkus.
- Elected vanarchs on PvP servers will be able to flag PvP on and off once they arrive on Shara.
- Some shell-shocked province guards who returned from the war to city life have been reassigned as city guards.
- Players using charging skills will no longer get locked in the charge when stunned by another player. Sorry, you'll still get stunned.
- Your chats shouldn't be disappearing anymore when you switch between tabs.
- You can now find superior gear from the Temple of Balder and the Fane of Kaprima at the trade broker using smart search.
- The healing NPC will no longer steal the boss kill from players in Karascha's Lair. Why do priests always want to DPS?
- We have disabled player character collision in the prologue.
- Daily quests are now deleted from your quest log window when they've been completed or when you're no longer eligible.
- Velik's festival ring can now be destroyed.
- A minimized quest list will no longer maximize when you finish a quest.
- Your camera view will no longer reset after using a pegasus or teleportal.
- Berserkers will no longer experience a zoom-in when using a skill while they have certain axes equipped.
- The NPC Tanseril in Scythera Fae is back from vacation.
- Cutthroat Harbor's pegasus platform is now a no-PvP zone.
- Tuebenius, a quest objective in Oblivion Woods, will now respawn with greater frequency to avoid long queues and the needless violence they engender.
- Tool tips for pre-order and collector's edition items now display properly in Item Claim. Rank hath its privileges.
- Using a charge skill while you have movement mapped to a mouse button will no longer turn on auto-run.
- Chat text now updates properly when quotation marks are used. You can start quoting Shakespeare now.
- Noxxionas Columns and mystics' totems interact properly now.
- Brokerage searches have been cleaned up, and inaccurate tooltips in "recent history" have been fixed. The guilty prankster popori broker responsible has been duly chastised and sentenced to five years of city life.
- Threatening crystals now stack properly.
- A bug where some characters saw infamy gains after server restarts has been fixed.
- GvG scores will no longer disappear/reappear after server restarts.