Team Fortress 2's Love & War Update released; here's what's new
Team Fortress 2's latest update, "Love & War," has been released adding five new weapons, 15 new taunts, and 43 cosmetic items to the free-to-play arena shooter.
Among the additions is a new Taunt Loadout which allows you to equip eight different taunts at one time. Pressing the Taunt key in game will now bring up a Taunt Selection radial menu. Additionally, the Mann Co. Store now has a taunt category, as well as 15 new taunts.
Other additions to the Mann Co. Store include five new weapons and a weapon bundle, and the merging of the "Hats" and "Misc" categories into "Cosmetics."
Below are the full patch notes for the Love & War Update.
- Added 5 new weapons, 15 new taunts, and 43 cosmetic items for the Love & War update
- Partner Taunts can now be performed with the opposing team
- Added a new Taunt Loadout with 8 slots so multiple taunts can be equipped at the same time
- Taunts are no longer equipped in the Action Slot
- Pressing the Taunt key in game now brings up the new Taunt Selection menu
- Pressing the taunt key while the Taunt Selection menu is open performs a weapon taunt, or joins a partner taunt
Mann Co. Store
- Added 15 new taunts and a taunt bundle
- Added 5 new weapons and a weapon bundle
- Added 44 new cosmetics and a cosmetic bundle
- Added "Taunt" category into the store
- Added Mann Co. Stockpile Crate Key
- The "Hats" and "Misc" categories have been merged into "Cosmetics"
Added the Mann Co. Stockpile Crate to the droplist
- Each Mann Co. Stockpile Crate can be repeatedly shuffled to contain a set of 4 possible items
- Added the Mann Co. Audition Reel. Contains taunts and a rare chance at an unusual taunt
- Updated Mann Co. Crates to display which Unusual Series they can potentially output
- Added Bread Box Special Crafting Recipe. This recipe will no longer be available after July 9th, 2014. Items from the Bread box have a chance to be strange.
- Added crafting recipes for newly added weapons
- Added Killstreak Kits to MvM for newly added weapons
- Added OzFortress Season 11 tournament medals
Weapon changes and updates
- With The Hitman's Heatmaker, pressing ‘reload’ now activates focus when it is full
- The Axtinguisher now does mini-crit damage from the front and full crit damage from behind to burning targets
- The Bushwacka can no longer randomly crit
- All mini-guns now have damage and accuracy ramp up after they start firing. Full accuracy and damage is reached 1 second after firing.
- All Demoman stickybombs now have damage ramp up. Full damage is reached 2 seconds after firing.
- Updated Loch-n-Load reload animation
- Sentry bullets are now affected by damage falloff outside of sentry scan range
- Sentry bullet damage has been changed so it calculates damage based on the sentry's position, not the Engineer's
- Updated the Halloween holiday to automatically be enabled when the server runs an _event map
- Added a check to prevent achievement announcement spam
- Converted several weapon models to use the c_models system
- Updated the localization files
- Fixed an exploit where charging Demoman could turn more than allowed
- Fixed a bug where Halloween spellbooks were overriding PDAs and Disguise Kits
- Fixed The Director's Vision taunt not playing both variations for the Pyro
- Fixed the Pyro's spell audio not sounding like the rest of the Pyro's audio
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause items to unequip themselves
- Fixed a dedicated server crash related to using 'mp_forcecamera 0' with one player on the server
- Fixed a regression with the trigger_gravity entity not correctly applying its settings
- Fixed another exploit where Engineer buildings could build up a large amount of health
- Fixed a server performance issue related to the item_teamflag entity
Fixed the itemtest command
- Fixed cosmetics shared between multiple classes not rendering correctly
- Updated the cosmetic item list to sort by name
- Removed collision from lights and small props protruding from walls
- Fixed collision on fences
- Fixed the tire props near Blu's forward spawn so players may no longer jump up to the spawn door platform
- Fixed players shooting through gaps around forward spawn doors
- Fixed door protruding through roof on Red's forward spawn
- Fixed a collision bug that gave players access to the roof above Red's spawn door
- Prevented players from building inside spawn room doors
- Adjusted area portals to improve rendering and performance
- Added metal panel prop to Blu building, which now mirrors the jump up on the Red side
- Small performance increase through prop fade adjustments
- Players can no longer build inside spawn doors
- Fixed physics debris triggering the payload cart’s finale explosion