Jan 17, 2017 | 15 Comments
Take Skylanders on the go with Cloud Patrol for iOS
I'll be honest, the first time I caught wind of Skylanders I thought it was destined to flop. After all, a kid's franchise based in the universe of a barely loved PlayStation-era dragon (Spryo)? Seemed like a Pokemon wannabe at best. Yet here we are now, with kids everywhere happily locking Skylanders toys into the graviton powerbase (no, I have no idea what it's actually called), with overgrown manboys fighting for the latest translucent chase figures in the aisles of Target and Toys R' Us.
Anyhow, if you're either eight years old or horribly alone, you'll probably be excited for this iOS app, which interestingly enough lets you use your existing Skylanders characters in the game using their web codes. Realizing that this franchise seems to be Pokemon with a bit of web 2.0 built in... hmm, wonder if I can get some stock?
Game info: Join Trigger Happy and the rest of the Skylanders as they patrol the Skylands for escaped trolls! Grab your favorite Skylander and take to the skies in your flying gunship to put those troublesome trolls in their place — Skylanders style.
- Tons of Magic Item boosts, such as Anvil Rain and Time Twister, to super power your adventure.
- Play with over 30 different Skylanders characters.
- Support for your existing Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure Toy Collection. If you already own Skylanders toys, use your web code card to unlock Skylanders and Magic Items in Cloud Patrol.
- Friend and Global Game Center Leaderboards — what’s your high score?
- 30 Game Center Achievements!
- Universal App with support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
About The Author
In This Article