Syndra, the Dark Sovereign, has been released for League of Legends
It’s official, Syndra has joined the ranks of the League of Legends cast. After showing her off in Germany and Seattle, she is now live to be purchased and played; along with a new splash screen and Champion Spotlight video. Here is the recap of her abilities from Riot:
- Transcendent (Passive): Each of Syndra’s normal abilities gain an extra effect at max rank.
- Dark Sphere: Spheres deal bonus damage to champions.
- Force of Will: Increases the slowing duration. *
- Scatter the Weak: Cone width increases.
- Dark Sphere: Syndra conjures a dark sphere at a target location, dealing magic damage in an area. The sphere remains for several seconds and can be manipulated by Syndra’s other abilities.
- Force of Will: First Cast: Grabs a target dark sphere, enemy minion or neutral monster. Second Cast: Throw a grasped dark sphere or enemy at a target area. Enemies struck by the projectile take magic damage and are slowed.
- Scatter the Weak: Deals magic damage in a cone and knocks enemies away based on how close they are to Syndra. Dark spheres within the area-of-effect are also knocked back, dealing magic damage and stunning enemies in their path.
- Unleashed Power (Ultimate): Draws upon Syndra’s full cataclysmic power, harnessing all active dark spheres to deal additional magic damage to an enemy champion.
As an AP mid player, I’m excited for to play her with friends. From playing her at PAX and a bit on the test server, I do like her mechanics and kit. Syndra was easy to pick up but her more advanced uses and combos will take some practice – which I’m excited to learn.
Not surprising, she costs 6300 IP and 975 RP. Her Justicar skin looks pretty sweet as well and costs 975 RP as well. She’s out, check her out below in the Champion Spotlight video, and get your dark sovereign on.
Historian, teacher, writer, gamer, cheat master, and tech guru: follow on Twitter @AndrewC_GZ