news\ Dec 23, 2016 at 11:30 am

Sylvester Stallone is set to release The Expendables 4 in 2018, will be final film

The team reassembles for one last ride.

expendables

Sylvester Stallone may be getting old but he isn't out of the action quite yet! Although he retired the role of Rambo and passed on his boxing knowledge to the son of Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan in Creed), he still has one action role he has yet to close the book on.

In 2009, Sylvester Stallone directed the R-rated ensemble action film, The Expendables. The film saw some of the biggest action stars of the 20th-century return to their roots to kick ass despite their old age. The film went on to spawn two sequels (with some mixed reception) and Sly Stallone plans to wrap up the series with a fourth and final film in 2018.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Stallone will return with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jason Statham but no other details were given. Since the film has a 2018 release date, we should learn more about the film very soon.

The third film was given a PG-13 rating despite the series previously being R-rated due to the fact Stallone wanted more audiences to see the film. Critics and audiences alike disliked the film due to it being held back by the rating and Stallone has admitted this was a terrible mistake and has said it won't happen again.

"I believe it was a horrible miscalculation on everyone's part in trying to reach a wider audience, but in doing such, diminish the violence that the audience expects. I'm quite certain it won't happen again." said Stallone in an interview with Crave Online.

About The Author
Don-pfp
Cade Onder You can follow me on Twitter @Cade_Onder and on Xbox LIVE @ASleepingMonkey!
In This Article
Tags:
From Around The Web
Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus