SWTOR 1.2 Patch Notes highlights
The 1.2 patch for Star Wars: The Old Republic is bringing a slew of changes with Patch 1.2. New Legacy rewards, Operations, Warzones, class changes and fixes, and Flashpoints make for a deeper SWTOR experience. While I haven't played SWTOR in a few months, these new changes show that BioWare is listening to their fanbase and making the necessary changes to give players what they're asking for, while fixing things that need to be fixed.
Some of the highlights of Patch 1.2 (taken from swtor.com) are:
- Players can now unlock a wide variety of rewards by leveling characters and reaching new Legac levels, including buffs for your characters, unlocking additional Species choices for every class, and upgrades for your personal Starship. Build your own Legacy with the new Family Tree.
- Lost Island, a new Flashpoint, is available for play! Having uncovered the sources of the Rakghoul plague outbreak in the Tion Hegemony, players must travel to Ord Mantell and confront Dr. Lorrick, the mad scientist who engineered this horrific biological weapon.
- Explosive Conflict, a new Operation, is available for play! The Trandoshan mercenary warlord Kephess has seized the planet Denova, a world rich in resources valuable to the war effort. Players must assault his war camp, situated atop a mountain in densely-wooded terrain, fighting Imperial defectors and heavy war machines along the way. 8- and 16-player Story and Hard Modes are currently available for this Operation.
- Novare Coast, a new objective-oriented Warzone on the planet Denova, has been added to the game. This Warzone, like Huttball, supports same-faction matches if there are not enough members of the opposing faction to be found.
- New repeatable high-level daily missions are available in a new area on Corellia, the Black Hole!
- Guilds now have access to a shared Guild Bank, accessible on the Fleets, with expandable storage.
- A new tier of gear has been added for both PvP and PvE.
- Ranked Warzones are here! Players can now queue up and participate in PvP matchups to rank themselves against the competition.
- Players can now customize their User Interface by moving and resizing UI elements.
- A new level 50 World Boss with a challenge for a well-coordinated 16-player Operation Group has been sighted in the Gormak Lands region on Voss.
- Players can now leave comments on entries in their Friends List in the Social Window.
While there's tons more, these are the highlist of the patch. I think the biggest additions is another tier of gear, a new Warzone, and ranked Warzones. I'm heavy on PvP, and being on a Sith-heavy serever, I had nothing but Huttball match after Huttball match before I left. Ranked is genius as a way to add another layer of competition and bragging rights. Hopefully they add a reward system to encourage players to play ranked Warzones.