Supposed Skyrim Dragonborn details leak ahead of release
Dragonborn, the upcoming add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, is set to release tomorrow on Xbox 360 (early 2013 for PS3 and PC). Although we've received a brief synopsis about the DLC, specifics have been scarce.
With the game releasing tomorrow, I'm sure that will all change, but for those of you who can't wait we've got a whole slew of new details. A person claiming to be a beta tester has posted some screenshots and alleged details about the new DLC. They lengthy post offers all sorts of information including new shouts, new achievements, new locations, and an explanation of how it starts.
Here are the list of achievements. It's worth pointing out that one of them backs the speculation that you can tame and ride dragons.
- Outlander - Arrive on Solstheim (20 G)
- Raven Rock Owner - Own a house in Raven Rock (20 G)
- Solstheim Explorer - Discover 30 Locations on the island of Soltheim (30 G)
- The Temple of Knowledge - Complete "The Temple of Miraak" (20 G)
- The Path of Knowledge - Complete "The Path of Knowledge" (20 G)
- At the Summit of Apocrypha - Complete "At the Summit of Apocrypha (40 G)
- Hidden Knowledge - Learn the secrets of 5 Black Books (40 G)
- Stalhrim Crafter - Craft an item out of Stalhrim (20 G)
- Dragon Aspect - Learn all 3 words of Dragon Aspect (20 G)
- DragonRider - Tame and Ride 5 dragons (20 G)
According to the poster, Dragonborn begins with the Cultists of Miraak hunting you, the fake dragonborn, and attempting to kill you. After dealing with their encounter, you discover a note that explains to you what is going on. You also don't have to complete the main quest to star the DLC, but Miraak does have some different dialogue if you have already killed Alduin.
New Locations added:
- (Hubs): Raven Rock (can buy a player home there), Tel Mithryn (can buy a player home there as well), Skaal Village (follower is from here + is a new marraige candidate)
- (Imperial Forts): Fort Frostmoth, Ashfallow Citadel, Highpoint Tower
- (Shacks): Hrodulf's House, Abandoned Lodge
- (Caves): Frostmoon Crag (home to werewolf pack that you can talk with if you are one), Bristleback Cave, Castel Karstaag Caverns & Ruins, Glacial Cave, Benkongerike, Frossel, Hrothmun's Barrow
- (Landmarks): Brodir Grove, Altar of Thrond, Stalhrim Source, Horker Island (Island of Lord Tusk)
- (Nordic Ruins): Kolbjorn Barrow (quest to help excavate), Bloodskaal Barrow, Vaholok's Tomb, Gyldenhul Barrow.
- (Dwemer Ruins): Nchardak, Kagrumez, Fahlbtharz
- (All-Maker Stones): Earth Stone, Watern Stone, Wind Stone, Beast Stone, Sun Stone
- (Others): Northshore Landing Dock, Old Attius Farm, Snowclad Ruins, Headwaters of Harstrad, Moesring Pass, Bujold's Retreat, Haknir's Shoal, Saering's Watch, Thirsk Mead Hall, Broken Tusk Mine, Damphall Mine, & Miraak's Temple.
- (In Skyrim): Last Vigil
New Creatures & Baddies:
- Werebears - no word on whether the player can become one yet, but all have been hostile so far. They transform into the bear after being near them a short time.
- The Morag Tong - They seem to act more like Silver Hand encounters where you fight against them a bit and have random encounters of them. No ability to join with them so far. Hostile Dunmer in Morag Tong armor.
- Serpent-like creature - Player won't describe this excactly, though says one is pictured in the trailer and won't give its exact name either.
- Lurkers - Extremely tough and frustrating enemies with plenty of health and dish out a lot of damage. Good challenge. About the size of giants and they are creatures that have 'slipped' into Tamriel from H. Mora's realm.
- Ash Spawn - officially mentioned and pictured in Bethesda's releases.
- Rieklings - officially mentioned and pictured in Bethesda's releases.
- New Dragon types encountered.
- New Dwemer automation - a walking dwarven ballista.
New Weapons & Armor:
- Deathbrand Armor - similar to stalhrim
- Two Unique Scimitars you can get by the end of the quests
- Bonemold Armor - Officially mentioned by Bethesda (heavy armor)
- Chitin Armor - Officially mentioned by Bethesda (possibly a light armor)
- Stalhrim Weapons and armor - Again, officially mentioned (many of these you can glimpse in the trailer and screenshots)
- Carved Nordic Armor & Weapons - a heavy armor
- Spears - I know there are some waiting for info on spears, but Bad News: Only the Reiklings have used them so far and if the player picks them up, they go into inventory as arrows.
- Morag Tong Armor - another light armor you can get off of attackers.
- New Thieves Guild Armor - though said to just be a non-buggy Linwe's Armor.
- Robes - Telvanni Robes and Miraak's Robes
- Poison Rune
- Whirlwind Cloak
- Ash Shell - lets you encase enemies in ash (paralyze) or slow them down with damage.
- Waterwalking - back in enchantment and potion form
- A new Ring that allows resurrected creatures to explode into frost and fire damage.
- Staff Enchanting
- New Active Effect - from H. Mora's realm you can find a book that lets you choose from three active effects: Mora's Mercy, Mora's Wrath and Mora's Agony. You can return to the realm and choose a new effect if you want to replace it (sounds like a similar thing to the effect Parthurnax gives you, or the one you receive for the Nightengale quest) There are five books total, with three options per book, you can get five effects in all supposedly.
- New Summoning power - player doesn't want to spoil what it is, but says it's cool.
- Summon Spells - 3 mentioned:Ash Guardian, Ash Spawn, Seeker
I've posted one of the images here, but if you'd like to see them all visit The Outhousers.