Support Chroma Squad on Kickstarter so I can get the Power Rangers game I always wanted
Behold Studios, the team behind the absolutely fantastic Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition just announced a new Kickstarter for one of the coolest games, that I can say I've been personally waiting for, probably since I was 10 years old, though, at that point, I probably wouldn't have understood it. Chroma Squad will put you in charge of producing and managing a Tokusatsu Studio.
For those unfamiliar with that term or Super Sentai, it comes from a type of Japanese show, where a group of individuals fight monsters, generally having weapons or robots that combine into a single, ultra-powerful unit. Here in the States, the best example of an adapted Super Sentai show are the Power Rangers.
You'll be tasked with various decisions such as choosing the color schemes of your heroes, as well as picking various story arcs for your team, and facing off against a multitude of monsters. But aside from the fun stuff, you'll also be in charge of purchasing various equipment for your TV studio, as well as special effects to add flair to your episodes.
- Choose their jumpsuit color and their roles on battle.
- Select skills and make your own build of abilities. Each color has its own skill tree of possibilities.
- Buy equipment for your studio, such as cameras, microphones, chromakey carpets and lights to improve your gameplay experience.
- Record episodes and complete seasons.
- Each episode is a mix between tactical turn-based battles, with tons of dialogues, and explosive cinematics.
- You have the lights, the cameras, and of course, you make the action! You control the movement, attack and skills of each of your chromatic party while recording.
- Purchase consumable items and improve your abilities. Example: buy fireworks and gain +1 damage to your attack.
- Create channels and improve your marketing campaigns, sending letters to your fans' mailboxes, chatting on IRC, going to conventions, and releasing comic books.
- Take care of your fans, in a very cute mini-game, listening to their distinct stories and deciding if they deserve what they're asking for. Like a little boy who asks to visit the studio, but once you let him, you can't tell if he might break anything valuable. ;D
- Record episodes with other studios online. Fight for audience in cooperative and competitive modes.
The Kickstarter is currently sitting just over $20,000, which for just two days is hell of an accomplishment. We only need $35,000 to go to make my dream game come true. DO IT PEOPLE!