Stop searching for hidden skulls in Halo 4
Frustrated and ripping your hair out by not being able to find those highly coveted skulls in Halo 4? Maybe, you should just stop tirelessly searching because you're never going to find them. That's not just me being a pessimistic jerk; that's a fact.
That's because Halo 4 doesn't have any hidden skulls -- unless you count being hidden in the game menu as something to search for. For whatever reason, maybe bad communication on 343 Industries part, there seems to be growing confusion over Halo 4's skulls.
For those unfamiliar, skulls are game-modifiers that at one point were hidden throughout the levels of past Halo titles. Fans used to Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary have been tirelessly searching for them in the latest installment, but to no avail.
Back in October 343 Industries actually revealed the 13 total skulls in Halo 4, but was somewhat vague in how people could find them. The skulls in Halo 4 are unlocked from the start of the game. Rather than scattered throughout the game, they are all located in the Skulls menu when you start a campaign mission.
343 hasn't completely abandoned the idea of hunting in Halo 4, however. Instead of skulls, there are now 7 Terminals hidden in the campaign of the game. Accessing the Terminals will unlock a short video on Halo Waypoint, an external app you can download from Xbox LIVE. These videos provide "insight" into the history of the Forerunners.
For those who are still wondering, the 13 different skulls in Halo 4 are listed below:
- Famine - Weapons drop much less ammo.
- Tilt - Enemy resistances and weaknesses are increased.
- Mythic - Enemies have increased health.
- Catch - Enemies are grenade happy!
- Black Eye - Shields don't recharge unless you melee enemies.
- Tough Luck - Enemies always go berserk, always dive out of the way, and never flee.
- Iron - Co-op: Back to previous checkpoint on death. Solo: Restart mission on death.
- Thunderstorm - Major upgrade to the capabilities of enemies.
- Cloud - Motion sensor is disabled.
- Cowbell - Acceleration from explosions is increased.
- IWHBYD - Rare combat dialogue becomes more common.
- Grunt Birthday Party - Headshot a Grunt, HAPPY BOOM TIME!
- Blind - The HUD and the first person arms and weapon are hidden.