Stealth-puzzle game Gunpoint demo released
Gunpoint is a stealth puzzle game about rewiring things, punching people, and trying not to get killed or shot in the process. There's numerous gadgets available to you, and the game just looks to have this charm and intelligence to it that is undeniable.
In an announcement on the Gunpoint official site, a demo has been released, pre-orders are open and a release date has been announced.
First off, the demo for Gunpoint was just released, which you can download on Steam or through the game's site. Gunpoint releases next Monday, June 3, 2013. Luckily, Gunpoint is on sale until June 10, and there are multiple editions to choose from.
The regular Gunpoint game is discounted 10% from $10 to $9, which gets you a DRM-free download of Gunpoint and a Steam key of it. If you'd like a few extras with your purchase, you can get the Gunpoint Special Edition, which is 25% off from $20 to $15. The Special Edition gets you a DRM-free download, a Steam key, the soundtrack, and developer commentary that, when enabled, has the devs discuss their thinking behind the design.
Last but not least, the Gunpoint Exclusive Edition is discounted 10% from $30 to $27. This gets you:
- DRM-free download of Gunpoint
- Steam key
- The soundtrack
- Developer Commentary
- The Making of Gunpoint: A 40-minute video feature taking you through how Gunpoint developed from a one-room test game to what you play today.
- The Prototype Pack: Play snapshots of Gunpoint's development at nine different stages, including cartoony programmer art, the first conception of the hacking system, many scrapped levels, and overpowered gadgets that were later cut.
- Four exclusive tracks: Bonus tracks by the composers that were not used as background music in the game.
- The Secret Beta Access List: adds an option in the game menu to sign up to our Secret Beta Access List. If and when future Suspicious Developments games are developed, they'll sometimes give secret beta versions only to members of this list.