Starbound update, Annoyed Koala, is live!
You couldn't find a forum post or discussion about Starbound in the last few days without the constant question, "When will the new update go live?" Well fellow space travelers, that day is today.
Chucklefish released the Annoyed Koala patch for Starbound which not only adds a few fixes into the game, as well as a slew of new content, it also rebalances armor and weapons and the leveling system.
You can log in to the game now and have your game update, and while you wait, take a minute to read all of the changes and additions to Starbound detailed right here.
- HUGE balance patch, every item, creature, armor and weapon rebalanced. Leveling system entirely rewritten. Although the balance is early, the system is much better than the old one and we can now improve balance over time.
- Added early implementation of creature taming (more features coming soon)
- Added new mining items
- Added new weapons
- Added new throwable items
- Added grappling hook
- Added new boss and new sector of the galaxy
- Added a stance system to weaponry, not currently used but will allow us to add secondary attacks to weaponry very soon.
- Tons of new sounds
- Guns more common in tier 3
- Underground detached/rare biomes more common
- Underground random encounters more common
- Underground chests more common
- Ore rebalance (probably way way too much ore at the moment, will be fixed later, enjoy it)
- Baby monsters
- New monster palettes
- Added pixel compressor for high cost banking (idea from Ncrpts)
- Disable using the beamaxe to light caves underground
- Added new hats
- some monsters now graze on grass (can look ugly, needs finishing)
- Small bipeds now socialise with eachother
- All the monsters behave smarter and are less likely to get stuck
- You can no longer attack through blocks
- Fix the game on XP (hopefully)
- Tons more fixes and smaller additions