Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch 1.0.1 Notes Detailed
Yesterday, BioWare released the first weekly patch for the newly released Star Wars: The Old Republic. As the first of many, this patch focused on several high-priority bugs, implementing fixes for players affected by performance issues on Taris. Additionally, the issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear unharvestable has been addressed, and you'll notice several bug fixes relating to Flashpoint and Operation content.
As for the specific changes in the 1.0.1 patch, BioWare provided patch notes which can be found below:
Classes and Combat
Combat Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that could cause the global cooldown to display incorrectly in the UI.
- Abilities that require Companion Characters now always correctly require a companion.
- NPCs no longer attempt to engage vanity pets in combat.
- The tooltip for Acid Blade now displays the correct information.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Kira's affection progression to become blocked.
- Companion Character dialogue now plays at the correct volume.
- Kira Carsen
- Rewards from Slicing have been reduced to bring them into balance with other skills.
- Adjusted incorrect values for medium slicing boxes.
- Corrected an issue that could cause some gathering nodes to appear as unharvestable.
Flashpoints and Operations
- Crowd control immunity has been removed from several members of the Enemy Boarding Party.
Colicoid War Game
- An issue that prevented some players from mounting turrets in this Flashpoint has been corrected.
The Red Reaper
- Darth Ikoral now uses his abilities correctly.
- Mentor now resets correctly if he defeats the player group.
- All players in a group who have a daily Flashpoint mission now get credit for completing that Flashpoint.
- Mandalorian Raiders
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to instantly die when affected by Soa's knockback.
- Turrets in Normal Mode no longer behave as turrets from Hard Mode.
- Players are now able to properly obtain loot from chests.
- The Ancient Pylons now spawn enemies at the correct intervals.
- Players no longer need to reset this Operation if they do not defeat Bonethrasher.
- Corrected an issue that caused some players to become stuck at the throne room door.
- Eternity Vault
- PvP lockboxes can no longer be sold for credits.
- Fixed incorrect item rewards from PvP leveling lockboxes.
Missions and NPCs
- A New Master: Defeating Teeno no longer causes him to surrender on top of Phyne, making him difficult to interact with.
- General Faraire: All of Khourlet's Elite Guards are now accessible by the player.
- Fixed a mission-related issue that could cause poor performance and client crashes on Taris for some players.
- Corrected several instances of non-interactive NPCs appearing and disappearing from the player's view.
- Bug Fixes
- Rewards for winning Warzones have been increased.
- Warzone completion rewards have been decreased.
- Corrected an issue that could prevent some players from entering the Voidstar.
- Made adjustments to prevent attacking players from reaching the doors in the reactor core before bridges are extended.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent players from accepting pending mission rewards.
- Targeting a friendly player no longer occasionally displays incorrect text for the character's name.
- Corrected an issue that could cause some auction expirations to behave incorrectly.
- The splash screen no longer displays longer than the "accept changes" dialogue when changing resolutions on some computers.
- Master Looter now works correctly for items being looted from chests.
- The server select screen no longer displays over the character select after being disconnected for being away.
- Corrected an issue that could cause mission mapnotes to disappear when a new mission is obtained.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Special characters no longer display incorrectly in the French credits.
- Remaining baby names have been added to the credits.
- Corrected a link that displayed in French and German versions when the servers are unavailable.
The patch release was not without problems, however. Unexpected maintenance led to some extended downtime, which BioWare vowed to improve maintenance timing.