Sony unveils 'smaller, lighter' PS3 at TGS
Well, it may not be the next-gen PS4 console we are all hoping for, but during the Tokyo Game Show Sony unveiled a brand new PlayStation 3 model that is approximately 20% smaller and 25% lighter than the current PS3.
The new, sleeker-looking PS3 comes in two different models: a 250GB and 500GB HDD. It will come in "charcoal black", but Japan will get a special "classic white" option.
Different regions will get different options for the new PS3. Here are a few of them:
250GB - $269 (Uncharted 3/Dust 514 Bundle) - September 25th
- This includes the new PS3, a copy of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: GotY Edition, and a voucher for more than $30 worth of digital content for Dust 514, Sony's upcoming MMOFPS
- 500GB - $299 - October 30th
Europe and PAL Territories
- Flash Memory 12GB - 229 Euros, AUD $299.95, NZD $399.95 - October 12th (September 27th AU, October 18th NZ)
- 500GB - 299 Euros, AUD $399.95, NZD $519.95 - September 28th (September 27th ANZ)
- 250GB - 24,900 Yen - October 4th
- 500GB - 29,800 Yen - October 4th