Sonic and more Street Fighter characters confirmed for Wreck-It Ralph movie
Disney has just announced additional voice cast members for Wreck-It Ralph, revealing new video game characters who we will see in the animated arcade-game adventure.
While the first trailer revealed iconic villains like Street Fighter's Zangief, Pac-Man's Clyde, and Super Mario Bros. Bowser, the new press release confirmed a few more characters to add to the growing roster of video game cameos.
Included in the list of video game characters are Sonic the Hedgehog, Ken, Ryu, and M. Bison from Street Fighter and a few more characters created exclusively for the movie.
Joining the already impressive cast list comprised of John C. Reilly, Jack MacBrayer, Sarah Silverman, and Jane Lynch are the following actors and their characters:
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory, Firefly) as King Candy, ruler of Sugar Rush, a candy-coated cart racing game
- Ed O’Neill (Modern Family) as Mr. Litwak, owner of Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) as Taffyta Muttonfudge, an accomplished racer and Vanellope’s nemesis
- Adam Carolla (The Adam Carolla Show) as Wynchel, Sugar Rush security
- Horatio Sanz (Saturday Night Live) as Duncan, Sugar Rush security
- Dennis Haysbert (The Unit, 24) as General from the first-person shooter game, Hero’s Duty
- Edie McClurg (Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Planes) as Mary, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Roger Craig Smith (Captain Marvel from The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Ezio from Assassin’s Creed) as Sonic the Hedgehog
- Gerald C Rivers (the Street Fighter series) as M. Bison
- Rachael Harris (The Hangover) as Deanna, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
- Stefanie Scott (A.N.T. Farm) as Moppet Girl, a young arcade enthusiast who visits Litwak’s arcade
- Reuben Langdon (multiple Street Fighter games) as Ken from Street Fighter
- Kyle Hebert (multiple Street Fighter games, The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes) as Ryu from Street Fighter
Wreck-It Ralph is the hilarious adventure of Ralph, a "villain" from an old arcade classic, who sets off on an adventure across various games after he decides he's tired of playing the role of a bad guy. As a movie about video games, Wreck-It Ralph has already been linked to upcoming SEGA racing game Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and is set to become its own game as well.