Skyrim Update 1.5 released on consoles
Skyrim's 1.5 update is now available for Xbox Live and PS3 users. The update gives players more ways to kill, while making the killing more cinematic. In additions to a ton of bug fixes, the new features are:
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item's value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
Bethesda's Blog also boasts that the average Skyrim play time on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 is 85 hours, and 30% of players have played more than 100 hours of the game.
This patch, as stated in the comments section on Bethesda's Blog, "does not address the lack of damage scaling." So those of you looking for that will probably have to wait until the next update. Regardless, the new kill cams and animations look freaking sweet, so have fun trying those out.