Skyrim invades Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition in new mash-up pack
Skyrim and Minecraft, arguably two of Xbox 360's most popular titles, are joining forces. As announced by Bethesda today, the mash-up -- developed by 4J Studios -- features an exclusive Skyrim-themed texture set, 40 character skins, themed menus and UI, craftable items, and more than 20 selections from the original Skyrim soundtrack. There's even a pre-set world that recreates iconic locations from Skyrim including Whiterun, Riverwood, and Bleak Falls Barrow.
Below is a full breakdown of each feature:
- Skyrim themed texture set to apply to any existing or newly created Minecraft world.
- 40 Skyrim characters skins to apply to player’s in-game avatars: Dragonborn (male), Dragonborn (female), Ancano, Elenwen, Argonian Fighter, Argonian Mage, Bosmer Archer, Bosmer Mage, Breton Mage, Forsworn Shaman, Dunmer Mage, Dunmer Assassin, Imperial Soldier, Vex, Khajiit Merchant, Stormcloak Soldier, Lydia, Orc Blacksmith, Orc Warrior female, Nazir, Saadia, Vampire Lord, Isran, Astrid, Aela the Huntress, M’aiq the Liar, Greybeard, Frost Troll, Flame Atronach, Dragon Priest, Hagraven, Draugr Deathlord, Sheogorath, Spriggan, Dwarven Centurion, Wispmother, Dremora Lord, Master Necromancer, Vilkas, Orc Warrior Male
- Skyrim themed Menu, UI and Inventory including integrated Skyrim logo.
- Skyrim music score featuring the following original tracks: Watch the Skies, Dragonborn, Awake, From Past To Present, The City Gates, Dragonsreach, Distant Horizons, Dawn, The Jerall Mountains, Secunda, Frostfall, Unbound, Far Horizons, The Streets of Whiterun, The White River, Standing Stones, Tundra, Journey’s End, Aurora, Solitude, Wind Guide You, Tooth and Claw, Into Darkness, Shadows and Echoes, Towers and Shadows, Death in the Darkness
- Pre-made World recreating the area of Whiterun, Riverwood and Bleak falls Barrow (on a smaller scale in order to fit with technical constraints of the games map size limits)
All of that for just $3.99. A trial version of the mash-up pack is available, but the creations you make can not be saved unless you pruchase the pack before you exit the game. Also, the skins that are part of the pack are not available to play as until you buy it.
The mash-up is not yet available for download, but is said to be coming "soon." In the meantime, those attending MineCon this weekend in Orland, Florida will be able to go hands-on with it.