Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth now available for digital pre-purchase
2K opened up digital pre-orders today for Firaxis Games' Civilization: Beyond Earth, revealing the bonuses one will get for committing early to the anticipated strategy game.
By pre-ordering the game, you'll receive the Exoplanets Map Pack, a bundle of six custom maps "inspired by real-world exoplanets." Each map features a specialized script that produces randomized geographic layouts each time you start a new game, allowing for tons of replayability. Below are 2K's descriptions of the six exoplanets:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to the solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved.
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces.
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Civilization: Beyond Earth is available for pre-purchase at Steam, which unlike some retailers will charge you full price at checkout.