Shovel Knight to release on Nintendo Switch; Tons of changes to the game coming, including price hike in Spring
It's about to get confusing.
The original Shovel Knight will now be called Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. Owners of the current Shovel Knight need not worry, you will automatically own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and will continue to get each of the planned free campaigns and features via updates. It will work the same way Shovel Knight did with its first campaign addition, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - your campaign will come via and update.
Also, if you've been keeping up with Shovel Knight, Body Swap Mode is complete and will be releasing soon. In addition to that, local two-player co-op is coming to all platforms (except the 3DS and Vita) as a free update.
If you don't own Shovel Knight yet, the price will be increasing in Spring and it will be breaking up into different versions of itself, with the ability to purchase each campaign as a separate standalone Shovel Knight game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch.
- Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope: Shovel of Hope is our new name for the original Shovel Knight game since it needed a title like the others. What do you think!? Rewatch the adventure here.
- Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows: Plague Knight’s Campaign emerges from the Shadows to hopefully get some recognition this time! Watch it all here.
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment: Specter of Torment is our most expansive campaign yet. We’re so excited for you to become the reaper! See Specter Knight in action here.
Later in 2017 the following will release (names TBD):
- Shovel Knight: King Knight’s Campaign: A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!
- Shovel Knight: Battle Mode: Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (3DS/Vita not included)
There you have it - tons of changes are heading to Shovel Knight!