Rumor: Look at all of these insane Wii U titles
Some rumors are better left un-spread. I say this because while there are certainly instances where plausible rumors surface on video games, consoles, and companies, there are also times when you know that stuff's fake.
Case in point: a ridiculous list of upcoming Wii U games. According to Dual Pixels, the list was leaked by a "close source." I don't care how close this source is--when you check out the list below, you'll be chuckling along with me at the outlandish nature of some of these titles. Games are listed in sections by publisher/developer, and certain titles are even rumored to be available at launch. I've also taken the liberty to include my thoughts on some of these.
- Professor Layton Chronicles
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Launch)
- Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Launch) *We already got the main version of this on the Wii.
- World of Warcraft (Launch) *Eww
- Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops
- Okamiden HD (Launch)
- Boom Blox Wii U
- NFL Blitz Touchdown
- Burnout: Rush Hour (Launch)
- Shank 2 (Launch)
- Crysis (Launch)
- Bit Trip Runner 2 (Launch) *OK, so this one might happen, but probably not at launch.
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- Pac-Man Battle Royal (Launch)
- Dragon Nest
- Big Brain University (Launch)
- Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Launch) *This is the big Nintendo launch title?
- Fluidity: Toxic (Launch) *OK, this would be pretty cool.
- Protocol (Launch)
- Rodea the Sky Soldier *Wasn't this supposed to be on the Wii and 3DS?
- Renegade Ops 2
- Phantasy Star Online 2 (Launch)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (Launch)
- Big Head Bash (Launch)
- Demon's Score (Co-developed by Epic)
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U
- The Walking Dead (Launch) *I suppose this could happen.
- UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium *Of course this would be a thing.
- Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded *Why not just give us Red Steel 3 instead?
- I Am Alive (Launch)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Launch) *Yeah, right.
- DotA 2 *What is this I don't even?!
Come on, you don't have to be a genius to see that this a pretty insane list. While there are certainly a few seemingly valid titles--specifically anything that looks like launch day shovelware--the vast majority of games on this list seems too good to be true. I mean, World of Warcraft? Counter-Strike? DotA 2?! Yeah, this list has got to be fake.
Also, I would expect (and hope for) something a bit cooler from Nintendo for the Wii U's launch. I'm a Mario Strikers fan, but that's not exactly a series I see headling any Nintendo console's launch.