Rumor: Destiny 2 locations, class tweaks, weapons and more detailed
All rumors and leaks should be taken with a grain of salt.
Yesterday, a rumor suggested that Destiny 2 would be running at 60FPS and would feature a cross-saving between the PC and PlayStation 4, as well as a few other things. Another leaker, has revealed a bit more information - this time going into detail on weapons, classes, subclasses, a new PvP mode, and more.
[Update: Everything from the Destiny 2 gameplay reveal; Weapons, Specials, New PvP, Battle.net, & Worlds - the rumor was correct]
The post, now deleted, has been preserved via Google Cache, however, the comments were lost. Luckily, one netizen still had the page open this morning to reveal even more details (thanks, nowai)! According to the additional details, there will be four open areas that are "much larger than anything in D1, but still nothing compared to a full MMO. The average zone is close to twice as large, and there are roughly 3 times as many zones per location."
The leaker named four open areas: Earth, Myriad (a moon around Jupiter, could be changed to Io or Europa), Titan, and Ganimede.
This time, Earth will be a "European Dead Zone."
Additionally, the leaker hinted at Looking for Group for Raids.
Here's the leak (with minor format tweaks and emphasis by me), as per Reddit:
- Destiny 2 will launch on Battle.net - not Steam and not Origin.
- Max level will be 20 just like D1 vanilla.
- Tomorrow they will reveal a new PvP game mode. It is like an evolution of Elimination, but Elimination is not gone (don't worry!). At the moment, crucible - all of it - is 4v4.
Let's talk about the weapons.
- Slot A is like Primary. It will work mostly the same as it does now. There will be no elemental weapons in this slot. Kinetic damage Auto, Pulse, Hand Cannon, and Scout. However, side arms will get moved into this slot and SMGs will be added.
- Slot B is identical to slot A, but the weapons are elemental. That means that you get two primaries in crucible and ammo is abundant for both.
- Slot C will be Rocket Launchers (with even less ammo, but larger explosions), Swords, fusions, snipers, shotguns, and.... a secret new weapon I don't want to spoil (but was totally in the trailer)! HMGs are gone.
- "Heavy ammo" will have relatively short timers and many locations, but only drops for the person that picks it up. Of course, we've seen that Bungie can change this kind of thing with relative ease, so who knows how it will be at launch or a year from now.
- Abilities are a really big deal. You can expect to see each class have a new ability that exists for the whole class no matter what subclass. Each class gets 1 ability with 3 options. Hunters get Shadestep, Warlocks get something similar to the bubble, but it doesn't offer a physical barrier, just the perk, and Titan's get a "brace" which is kind of like a cover they can create.
- Golden Gun, Voidwalker, Striker, Nightstalker, Stormcaller, and Sunbreaker will all return, though they will all see massive changes. Bladedancer is being replaced by a class that uses an arc bow staff. Sunsinger is being replaced by a class that uses a solar sword. Defender is being replaced by void Captain America.
- Trials of Osiris is gone. It's called Trials of the Nine :)