Rocket League officially releases its all-new Dropshot Mode
It's the most insane brand of volleyball ever...
Indie Developer Psyonix has released their all-new Dropshot mode, which takes Volleyball and combines it with the controlled chaos that we've come to expect from Rocket League. The update is available now and arrives on all three platforms, PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
Here's a look at the feature list courtesy of an official press release:
- End to ‘Competitive Season 3’ and Wheel rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Start of ‘Competitive Season 4’ with a variety of changes
- New Esports “Live Now” button on the main menu to notify players of official streams
- Spectator camera improvements including a Boost Meter and Rumble Power-up indicator for watchers in Player View
- New speed-themed Turbo Crate with the potential to unlock animated Decals, Exotic Wheels, Black Market customizations and more
- New import Battle-Car Endo, available as a limited-drop inside the Turbo Crate
- Six new Achievements and Trophies
- And more!
Psyonix hasn't been afraid to think outside the box with Rocket League, as they previously released a Basketball mode for the game about a year ago, which has proven to be a key factor in keeping the game as relevant as it has been. Even after being on the market for as long as it has, Rocket League managed to be the PS4's most downloaded game of 2016 and additions like Dropshot will continue to keep the game at the forefront.
For more on Rocket League's Dropshot mode, you can check out GameZone's coverage of it here.