Razer Sabertooth Xbox 360 controller now available for purchase
Today, Razer -- the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware -- announced the launch of its Sabertooth Elite Gaming Controller for the Xbox 360. The Razer Sabertooth features six additional buttons -- two at each shoulder and two removable rocking switches at the underside of the controller -- that gamers can re-bind to any choice of buttons on the controller for easy access. The controller also sports a built-in OLED screen at the bottom of the controller that allows customization, like re-mapping the buttons, adjusting analog stick's sensitivity, saving profiles, toggling controller rumble and toggle back-lighting for the buttons, as well as saving profiles.
The Sabertooth has the non-slip, rubber surface that the Razer Onza had, in addition to a fully detachable cable that screws onto the controller. Speaking of the Onza, if you've purchased a Razer Onza or Onza Tournament Edition controller, you can receive a discount code for the Sabertooth by verifying the serial number of your Onza. You can learn more about the step-up program HERE.
The specs and product features that Razer provided are:
- 2 shoulder multi-function buttons (MFB)
- 4 removable multi-function triggers (MFT)
- 4 backlit Hyperesponse action buttons
- OLED screen for feature customization
- Non-slip rubber surface
- Quick-release USB connector
- Detachable 10 ft./3 m lightweight braided fiber cable
- Carrying case
- 2.5 mm microphone jack
- Approximate size : 110 mm / 4.33 in. (Length) x 154 mm / 6.06 in. (Width) x 57 mm / 2.24 in. (Height)
- Approximate weight: 288 g / 0.63 lbs.
The price of the Razer Sabertooth is $79.99 and can be purchased through the Razer store. The controller looks like the ultimate Xbox 360 controller in regards to customization. Hopefully we'll be able to provide you a review with our thought on the product soon.