Razer is lighting up your PC battlestation with all-new Chroma feature
Razer announced today the all-new Chroma feature for enabled Razer devices. The Chroma feature allows full-spectrum, color-customizable lighting, and allows multiple devices to sync lighting colors and patterns.
With an open SDK (software development kit), developers will be able to integrate lighting effects on a game-by-game basis.
Starting with the BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard, the DeathAdder gaming mouse, and the Kraken 7.1 headset, Razer will be updating its 2015/2016 peripherals with the Chroma inter-device color synchronization via Razer Synapse. Those three devices will now have the option of 16.8 million customizable colors and a range of effects through Razer Synapse.
Here are the lighting patterns for the Chroma-enabled devices:
- Spectrum cycling: Slowly cycles through the entire spectrum of colors for a subtle yet visually stunning look.
- Breathing: Gently pulses in a color of choice every 7 seconds, replicating the steady breathing pattern that is distinct to all Razer mice.
- Static: Pick any color from the selection of 16.8 million options to illuminate the ear cups on your Kraken 7.1, the scroll wheel and Razer logo on your DeathAdder or each individual key on your BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma
- Custom (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Effortlessly set the color for each individual key on your Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma through Razer Synapse with your mouse cursor, and create your own kaleidoscope of colors that is unique to you.
- Custom – Preloaded Templates (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Preloaded custom lighting templates optimized for FPS, MOBA, MMO and RTS games that give you the unfair advantage regardless of which game you’re playing.
- Reactive (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Lights up upon actuation and stays lit in short, medium, or fast mode for a trailing effect, that makes the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma brighter the faster a user types.
- Wave (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Animates all colors in a continuous wave of rainbow lights, for a truly energetic and vibrant display of constantly changing colors.
The Chroma-enabled Razer peripherals will be available starting September 2014.