PS4 to launch with 18 entertainment apps in Europe
The PlayStation 4 launches across Europe this Friday, November 29. Along with the slew of games available, there are also a number of entertainment apps -- 18 to be exact. Sony confirmed today that the PS4 will launch in Europe with 18 apps, with one more following on December 4th.
Below is the full list of apps that will be available across the SCEE region during the PS4's launch.
- Music Unlimited (UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand)
- Video Unlimited (Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK)
- IGN (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Qatar, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK)
- BBC iPlayer (UK)
- VidZone (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK)
- Amazon/LOVEFiLM (Germany, UK)
- Netflix (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, UK)
- BBC Sports (UK)
- BBC News (UK)
- Wuaki.tv (Spain)
- Total Channel (Spain)
- Demand5 (UK)
- Maxdome (Germany, Austria)
- RTBF (Belgium)
- NOS Sports (Netherlands)
- Ximon (Belgium, Netherlands)
- Watchever (Germany)
- Viaplay (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
Releasing 4th December:
- Quickflix (Australia, New Zealand)
More than 20 additional apps are planned to release between Friday's launch and spring 2014, including TuneIn, Game One, Filmo TV, and MUBI. Comparitively, the PS4 launched in North America with 11 entertainment apps.