PS Vita system software update 1.65 will be released 'soon'
Sony has temporarily been taken down due to a "technical fault". The company made the announcement via their blog.
"PS Vita system software update 1.65 has been taken down temporarily due to a technical fault. For any customers who may have already downloaded the firmware, they can continue as normal. We will notify you once the latest system software update is available to download again."
The PlayStation Vita System Software Update v1.65 will be released soon, Sony announced late yesterday.
Unfortunately, the update only includes a few "minor enchancements" and will not yet bring PSOne Classics support.
The following feautres are included in the next PS Vita System Software Update:
- A “Notification Alert” option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
- “After 10 minutes” will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
- An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
- Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard
To update the firmware on you PS Vita you can follow these steps:
- Select “System Update” under the “Settings” menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
- Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.