Proposed changes to Lich Bane in League of Legends patch 4.4
League of Legends patch 4.3 just released last week but in typical Riot Games fashion, the changes never stop. Already looking ahead to patch 4.4, the developer earlier this week noted a few tentative changes to Lich Bane.
"The item's current power is coming with some unintended consequences, so we want to scale things back a bit on the item and potentially give back to a few of the item's primary users," Riot says of the changes. "These changes are pretty much straight nerfs to Lich Bane, and we know that can be a hard pill to swallow. It is our hope that by getting the item into an acceptable state, we can move forward with the item continuing to help certain champions feel extra powerful, but without having these same champions feel incomplete without rushing it."
So here's what Riot is proposing:
- stats granted (+80 ability power, +250 mana, +5% movement speed) unchanged
- 50 base damage replaced with 75% of the character's Base Attack Damage
- AP ratio reduced to 0.5 from 0.75
In addition to Lich Bane nerfs, Riot has also outlined a few minor changes to Fizz, Diana, Twisted Fate, and Ezreal.
- Seastone Trident active Ability Power ratio increased to 0.25 from 0.15
- Passive Ability Power ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.6
- Pick A Card Ability Power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
- Stacked Deck Ability Power ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4
- Mystic Shot Ability Power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2
"After gathering some feedback and talking about it internally, we are increasing Ezreal's Mystic Shot Ability Power ratio by 0.2, which, in combination with the 75% Base Attack Damage ratio on Lich Bane being greater than the old base 50, should allow AP Ezreal players to continue to enjoy his play experience," Riot adds. "Please understand that this will not mean similar buffs for every champion who might ever conceivably buy a Lich Bane."