Prey Gets Patch 1.2; Addresses Multiple Issues Including Corrupted Game Saves
Don't let your progress disappear, get the latest Prey update
A speed runner may have beated Prey in 20 minutes, but for those of us who take their time and experience games, the save corruption problems some people are experiencing can really hinder the experience. That is, until now.
Bethesda and Arkane Studios have released Prey patch 1.2 on Steam for PC players. The patch addresses various issues, including the above mentioned corrupted game saves that have been reported. Beyond that, the update offers some GLOO fixes, as well as tweaks to Nightmares.
This update is only for PC players, but a comprable update will release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One soon. It's been estimated to be as soon as next week. Don't forget to take a look at our spoiler-free Prey review if you haven't picked it up yet.The full patch notes can be found below:
The Steam update v1.2 includes:
- Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
- Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
- Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
- Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
- Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
Note – If a Save file has been previously edited manually, it may not function properly. Deletion of level.dat files may cause game progression to not function properly.