PopCap finalizes merchandising deals for Plants vs. Zombies and other games
PopCap Games has signed brand licensing agreements with several new partners to expand its product line into non-digital merchandise.
The company will work with Trends International, Bioworld Merchandising, Funko, MjC International, JazwaresÔ, and Walls360 to provide apparel, toys, accessories, decorations, and more to fans in North America and Europe. The first products to release will focus on the successful tower defense game Plants vs. Zombies, with plans to adapt Bejeweled and other properties at a later date.
“We’re taking a measured, deliberate approach to licensing our IPs, focusing on quality brand extensions that expand our unique game icons and experiences for our fans in authentic, meaningful ways,” said Brennan Townley, director of brand licensing at PopCap.
So far the following items have been confirmed:
- Bioworld Merchandising will be creating apparel, headwear, bags and accessories
- Jazwares is developing a series of plush toys, figures and electronic accessories including headphones, USBs, speakers and device cases
- Walls360 will be offering a starting line-up of wall graphics including individual characters and exclusive bundles
- Funko will be creating Plants vs. Zombies versions of their distinctive Pop! Vinyl Figurines
- MjC International is working on adult sleepwear and boxers
- Trends International is developing calendars and posters
Follow @wita on Twitter for tales of superheroes, plumbers in overalls, and literary adventures.