Pokken Tournament DX Announced for Nintendo Switch
Pokken Tournament gets another chance on the Nintendo Switch
Today, Nintendo held a Nintendo Direct specifically for the Pokemon franchise. Among the announced games, Pokken Tournament is receiving a deluxe version of its Wii U release on the Nintendo Switch.
Pokken Tournament DX is coming to the Nintendo Switch with added features and upgrades. The original was relatively popular with those who had a Wii U. Due to the lack of enthusiasm for the Wii U however, the game didn't sell as well as it could have. A deluxe version may help with that.
Announced was a roster of 16 Pokemon, including a new fighter, Decidueye from Sun and Moon.
The game can be played handheld, but also capable of being played multiplayer with players using one Joycon each, as well as other controller set-ups.
Here's a rundown of the newly announced features:
- Play Pokkén anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokkén Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter — Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokémon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokémon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokémon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle - All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game.
The game launches on the Nintendo Switch September 22.